The following are known limitations of DynamicPDF Core Suite as of v12.
Text Extraction Limitations
- Extracting text from a PDF created with character-shaping sometimes yields incorrect output.
- Text extraction skips characters that are more than 2 bytes.
- HTML form field elements used in an HtmlArea are flattened and not retained as interactive elements.
- The HtmlArea ignores Flash, Java, ActiveX, and other interactive content represented using an Object tag. Instead, a rectangle is rendered in place of the Object tag.
Digital Rights and Decryption Limitations
- The rights-enabled permission of an existing PDF document is not preserved after that document has been merged. The rights-enabled permission acts like a digital signature, and any changes to the document will invalidate it. Since the rights-enabled permission is a proprietary feature of Adobe and not part of the PDF specification, Core Suite cannot revalidate it and add it back to the document.
- DynamicPDF core suite does not support decrypting PDF documents that contain custom or unpublished algorithms (40-bit RC4 and 128-bit RC4, 128 -bit AES 256-bit AES are fully supported).
- Form flattening is unsupported for XFA PDFs.
- XFA form filling is supported only for static XFA forms with a fields entry.
NetStandard DLL. Limitations
- The BitmapImageData class is not supported, as it represents the image data created from System.Drawing.Bitmap.
- System.Drawing.Bitmap (Ex: Creating an image using a bitmap object) constructors are unavailable.
- The CanLoadSystemFont and LoadSystemFont Font class methods are not supported.
- The DrawToWeb method of the Document class is not supported.