The DynamicPDF Designer is a layout tool used to create templates to create PDF documents. Elements are dragged, dropped, resized, and positioned in Designer to create a template as a DLEX file. The DLEX file, combined with a dataset, can then be used to create a PDF document.
|The User Interface||Graphical User Interface|
The best way to learn the DynamicPDF Designer is by viewing one of our many tutorials where you are guided from creating a single page to a Report with a Sub Report. Refer to any of the tutorials to learn more. Although these tutorials are specific to the DynamicPdf CloudAPI, recall that DynamicPDF Designer is the same for both the CloudAPI and Core Suite.
- Getting Started Using Designer
- Create a Page
- Create a Report
- Create a Sub Report
- Create a Page Using Template
- Create a Report Using Template
Designer Development Steps
Designer uses a drag-and-drop method to add elements to a template. In general, you follow the following steps to create a DLEX document.
- Create a new Page.
- Create a new Report.
- If applicable, add a Template to the report.
- Add elements to the Report.
- Adjust section heights and properties as needed.
- Save the template as a .DLEX file.
- Generate the PDF report from the DLEX template.