Compatibility Issue with Windows 10 - 1809

Skip Navigation LinksHome  /  Support  /  Forums  /  DynamicPDF Converter for .NET (v1)  /  Compatibility Issue with Windows 10 - 1809

DynamicPDF Converter for .NET (v1) Forum

DynamicPDF Converter Service appears to no longer be working since upgrading to Windows 10 version 1809. (I have confirmed the DynamicPDF Converter service is allowing interact with desktop.)

When running the application, the following error is generated:

System.Exception: System.Exception: Conversion failed ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at x.c(String A_0, String A_1)
   at p.b(i A_0, i A_1)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Converter.Convert(ConversionOptions conversionOptions)
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Program.a.b()
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Program.a(Byte[] A_0)
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Program.a(Object A_0) ---> System.Exception: System.Exception: Conversion failed ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notification from a service application.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)
   at x.c(String A_0, String A_1)
   at p.b(i A_0, i A_1)
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Converter.Convert(ConversionOptions conversionOptions)
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Program.a.b()
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Program.a(Byte[] A_0)
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Program.a(Object A_0)
   at o.a(Object A_0)
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Converter.Convert(String inputFilePath, String outputFilePath, ConversionOptions conversionOptions)
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Converter.Convert(String inputFilePath, ConversionOptions options, Byte[] appendToPdf)
   at ceTe.DynamicPDF.Conversion.Converter.Convert(String inputFilePath, ConversionOptions options)
   at AWFContentAPI.DynamicPDF.BuildFromHTML.InvitePrint(BuildModel buildModel) in C:\...\Custom Media\Content API\development\Ted_Round3\...BuildFromHTML.cs:line 226

We have tested on multiple 1809 computers and the same error is triggered. When attempting on a laptop running Windows 10 1803, the PDF is converted successfully. Has anyone else encountered this issue with 1809?
Posted by a ceTe Software moderator
Hello,

This issue is the result of a recent Windows 10 update. Our developers are working on a solution and we expect to have the issue resolved shortly.

Thanks,
ceTe Software Support Team.
Thanks!
Posted by a ceTe Software moderator
Hello,

We have an update that resolves this issue and will be released as v1.1 once full testing is completed. If you are interested in testing it prior to release, please contact support@dynamicpdf.com and we'd be happy to get it to you. Please included the link for the forum in your email.

Thanks,
ceTe Software Support Team

All times are US Eastern Standard time. The time now is 12:44 AM.