Component Jumps !

Skip Navigation LinksHome  /  Support  /  Forums  /  DynamicPDF CoreSuite for COM/ActiveX (v6)  /  Component Jumps !

DynamicPDF CoreSuite for COM/ActiveX (v6) Forum

 May 24 2013 9:05 AM
Dear all,

I've an urgent matter.

On our IIS6.0, WS2003, I installed the 4.0 .Net SDK to be able to run a new application I made. No problem.

I installed a virtual directory in one of my websites, run the application, perfect.

Some minutes later, bigs alarms of everybody, the PDF Generator does not work anymore.

But this component runs on OTHER WEBSITES ! And those websites are running under the 2.0 framework.

I tried install, reinstall, regasm, etc... Nothing.

I still get the error 'ASP 0177 : 80070002'

Server.CreateObject Failed


What should I verify / change / adapt / correct ? :(
 May 24 2013 9:22 AM
After having restarted the Server, I receive this error now :

error '80131107'
 May 24 2013 10:01 AM
Posted by a ceTe Software moderator
Hello,

Can you please send over the following details to our support@cete.com team so that they can look into it further?


1.Uninstall the current DynamicPDF for COM/ActiveX product from your system and Install the product using latest version 6 DynamicPDF for COM/ActiveX product MSI and run the VBScript downloaded with the product download. If you get any error while running the VBScript example then send over the full error message.
2.Whether WS2003 is of x86 or x64?
3.Exact version and build number of the DynamicPDF COM/ActiveX product.
4.Versions of .NET framework installed in your system.
5.Are you trying to run the application on system where in version 4.0 .NET framework alone is installed?

Thanks,
ceTe Software Support Team.
 May 27 2013 5:12 AM
Hello, thanks for reply.

The component is the last build (6.0.4.21322), on a W2003 x86 on which is installed the following SDK :
> 1.1.4322
> 2.0.50727
> 4.0.30319

After a lot of work, we finally decide this Week-End to brutalize the system... we removed and cleaned the SDK4 and the SDK2.

We reinstalled the 2.0, and the PDF engine started to work again.

We reinstalled the 4.0, and the PDF engine is always running fine.

I don't know why the service stopped to work last week... It seems that the 2.0 was corrupted or was generating some faults after adapt the IIS6 to manage extensionless pages used by our new 4.0 application.

Thanks for help.
 May 27 2013 12:48 PM
Hi again,

After some hours where everything was working fine, the system crashes itself again.

One minute, PDF was loaded, and the next one PDF begins to encounters critical errors.

Again, we have removed the 4.0 SDK and relaunched the 2.0.

Only the pdf engine crashed; all other applications / components / websites were running fine.

DO you have any idea of a configuration to take care ?

Regards,
 May 28 2013 9:39 AM
Posted by a ceTe Software moderator
Hello,

We have successfully tested the latest build (6.0.4.21322) on Win Server 2003 x86 with all 3 versions of .Net Framework installed and we are able to run a test website without any errors.

Please run the VB script samples provided with the product to see if they are able to generate the PDF correctly. The VB script samples are located in the following folder: C:\Program Files\ceTe Software\DynamicPDF v6.0.4 for COM\Examples\Generator\VBScript\. Run the Helloworld.vbs sample and see if it generates a PDF. If VB script sample runs successfully and the ASP page does not, please try changing the website application pool account to run under local system account and see if that resolves the error.

If the above suggestion does not resolve the issue, please email us (support@cete.com) the screenshot of the latest error messages as well as the screenshot of the website application pool properties to we can look into it further.

Thanks,
ceTe Software Support Team. 
 Jun 06 2013 6:24 AM
Hi again, sorry for the delay, I'm really in the storm for the moment.

We have not installed the SDK 4 to avoid a new jump of functionnality.

Unfortunately, an automatic update has reinstalled it ( ? ), and hop, 80070002 error.

Uninstalled it > everything working.

But since this day, one or two times a day, the component is lost.

Symptom : We receive the error "80070002", means component not found.

If we copy the dll (from ProgramFiles/DynPDF) in the folder C:/Windows/inetsrv, we receive another error "80131107".

To make it working now, I have to change the settings asp.net of one of my website, and it seems to re-register the framework 2.0.

But one time a day, it jumps automatically...


Best regards
 Jun 06 2013 4:53 PM
Posted by a ceTe Software moderator
Hello,

As per our testing, we were able to successfully test this in a similar environment as yours. If this error is thrown due to component not found, it should not work at all and should fail all the time. Since it is working on your server most of the time but fails once a day, you might want to look at your asp code to see if there are any issues with your code that could be causing a memory leak. When the error happens again check the event log to see if there is any error captured there. If so email us (support@cete.com) the event log error message as well as the info we requested in our previous post.

Thanks,
ceTe Software Support Team.
 Jun 12 2013 3:57 PM
Thanks for reply.

It seems that our configuration for ASP.NET is crashing for some unknown reason.

Event log :

".NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.42 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7A05E2B3) (80131506)"

I suppose that after this crash, the runtime 2.0 is not anymore available for our IIS; our other application running with 1.1 encounter no problem.

I'm not sure that the crash is due to the component (the only one used in 2.0), so I will continue my researches without annoying you in this forum.

Thanks a lot for help,

All times are US Eastern Standard time. The time now is 3:59 PM.