Windows 2008 Install

Skip Navigation LinksHome  /  Support  /  Forums  /  DynamicPDF Generator for COM/ActiveX (v2 and older)  /  Re: Windows 2008 Install

DynamicPDF Generator for COM/ActiveX (v2 and older) Forum

Nov 03 2009 2:07 PM
I have an application that has been running under Windows 2003.

It is being migrated to a Windows 2008 Server, but we are unable to install the DLL.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Thank you
 Nov 03 2009 5:13 PM
Posted by a ceTe Software moderator
The version 2.6 of Generator for COM does not currently fully support Windows 2008.  This is something we are looking and would release a Windows 2008 supported version as soon as it was available.

We will update this post upon availability.

Thanks,
ceTe Software Support Team
 Jan 25 2010 10:11 AM
I currently upgraded my system to windows 7 and visual studio 2010 beta 2. I get the following error when trying to use DynamicPDF Generator:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException was unhandled by user code
  ErrorCode=-2147221164
  Message=Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {01329177-32B9-43A7-A4DE-98C73B23B340} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
  Source=App_Web_9xxwoeks
  StackTrace:
       at jrnReport.btnCreate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AR\jrnReport.aspx.vb:line 426
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
  InnerException:
 Jan 25 2010 12:51 PM
Posted by a ceTe Software moderator
Hello,

The COM v2.6 product does not support the Windows 7 and Windows 2008 operating systems. We will check with our developers if they are planning to add support to these operating systems.

The latest version of our COM product does support these operating systems without any problem. Please feel free to download the fully functional evaluation version of our DynamicPDF v5 for COM/ActiveX product.

Thanks,
ceTe Software Support Team.

All times are US Eastern Standard time. The time now is 3:03 PM.